Friday, 10 February 2017

tell it to the moon, 10th February 2017

the moon stilled the night... transformed it into a photograph... no movement, no sound, no life...... like itself, barren, a death incarnate, of a sort though one that's never known life..... I think the fever's finally gone.... the worse thing about flu is it makes my tea taste unpleasantly weird......... (and the child-speak of one of the worlds great leaders [really? did I really use the word "great"!] and that's a baaaaad thing")....... admittedly it's probably not the worst thing... the sneezing, nose-dribbling, wracking cough, eyes like fire-pits, interminable headaches, equally interminable top-to-toe aches........ feels like permanently inhabiting a Goldilocks zone, I'm either too hot or too cold......... but the tea thing, it's still nigglingly angstifying...... haven't managed to do any of a jot of my daily yoga or exercise, muscle recovery time from fatigue I'm told tend to double under these circumstances and as my fatigue is chronic seems I'll just have to remain frustrated....... even writing is near-impossible, not to mention the brain feels like pea soup.......  but I have noticed the world is getting on perfectly well without me which just goes to show whether I'm here or not, and one I surely won't be, it makes no odds as the world merrily pitter-patters on without me....... maybe I should just tell it to the moon......

© robert greig

1 comment:

Shalyn said...

The fever is never really gone...as long as you still have it, you can know that you are not alone...