Friday, 3 February 2017

nib, 3rd February 2017

ok..... blank piece of paper do your stuff...... word your magic, rock 'n' roll baby, make some words put them in order off we go, up, up and away....... away...... away........ why so mute?....... why so obstinate?....... are you sulking?......... is it something I did?...... yes, I know what you're going to say, why is it always about me, me, me, blah blah me........ but there you sit mute as you like with seemingly nothing to say when it's your single one and only task each day........ you run out of ink?..... cat got your tongue?....... if you have a tongue, which I'm guessing you do because we need it to poke into the inside of your cheeks when we're composing or thinking, I imagine you're the same, tongue firmly in cheek... though not in that way of course, that's something entirely different..... or are you, are you just having me on, you're idea of a joke?..... well ha ha the jokes on you!...... actually, I don't know why I said that because it makes no sense in this context whatsoever....... what am I, on 'notice', like a country some belligerent US president has fallen out with in some na na na-na na way?........ are you asleep, or is this just the longest blink ever?......... don't blink at me like that, in that blink-pretending-to-be-asleep kinda way, I know your game...... actually I don't, ok I admit it I'm puzzled, baffled, befuddled, bamboozled (not sure about that last one, just said it cos it sounds good)........ tap tap tap fingers tap tap tap........ so what, you want a pay rise, is that it?........ what, what, what, what taking you to get off your nib and and and... write something?....... oh, ok, you're waiting for me to shut up....... ok......... ... ..... ... .... ... .... I'll just be over here then, being quiet..... over here....... 

© robert greig

No comments: