Thursday, 12 January 2017

5:20am, 12th January 2017

... 5:18am..... a restless sleet turning on and off lays a film across the roof then slips away again like a naughty child having strewn a fist of jumping jacks across a polished floor....... one by one the ticks of every clock around the house find their way into my ears each one is keeping time but whose time?... my time?.... your time..... their own time...... each offset from the other, which ones right?...... last nights flash-fried salmon still subtly  clings to the air....... between the debts, the collapsing drains, cars breaking down, friends who seem to think I have a 'use-by' date stamped on my forehead, and others dying.... I know right, how dare they go around dying, downright inconsiderate......... I'm surprised I even manage to wake up lest make it from one of a day to the next........ and I haven't forgot the election of a boo-hoo, na na na-na na na, ego-the-size-of-a-planet, petulant manchild to one of the most dangerously powerful positions in the world... I mean, who would be stupid enough to do that, let a baby drive the car and thinks somehow it'd be a really good idea?...... 5:19am...... more sleet..... more tocks...... drains still f*cked....... american politics also........ tock....... tick-tock...... 5:21am..... where did that last minute go?........ maybe if I don't move...... ever again..... maybe if I just stop now... stop listening to the ticking.... if I don't hear it then it stops, right?......

No comments: