Wednesday, 28 December 2016

resistance is.. thud! 28th December 2016

there it was, the size of a planet. bearing down on me, staring at me, daring me to turn it on.... I resisted...... and kept resisting..... "you know you want too"..... is what it would have whispered if it wasn't a television and as such tv's don't talk... or do they?........ but it was a tv, albeit one the hugeness, mass ans complexity of a flight control with enough menus to launch a rocket into space..... a ground control to major tom moment ensued...... "psst... you know you want too"...... just a tv, perched on and taking up almost every inch of a wall blankly, blackly, shinily, glossily, sinisterly...... I still resisted....... the temperature outside the inn continued to plummet.... and plummet and plummet and plummet and ..... thud!..... is the sound it would have made if it made any sound at all...... which it didn't.... thud!...... I should thank my lucky star (the one perhaps with a habit of leading wise men astray) there was a room at the inn, otherwise I'd have been in the stables freezing my nativities off........ thud!.... thud!..... and then with a whoosh of being launched into space the heating air conditioning kicked in and I felt I should be strapped in ready for take-off!........ as I continued to resist staying just beyond the bog black holes event horizon resisting, resisting, resisting its gravitational pull... "you know you want too"........ I've named it..... HAL...... thud!

No comments: