Friday, 23 December 2016

reindeer poo, 23rd December 2016

'twas the night before Christmas eve and all was....... blowing a hoolie!..... stormy!....... it so good a storm apparently they've named it... Barbara........ make of it what you will....... why always anthropomorphic names anyway, why not say, 'storm tantrum'...... or 'storm in-a-teacup'....... a single malteser (*) I found, I found, a single malteser I found.... almost stood on it, tripped in it!... although I've never known anyone capable of tripping over a malteser yet....... I stumbled on it (not literally) lying there on a pavement... I didn't pick it up, I wasn't that hungry, after all I imagine it was way past the 5 second rule since it plummeted to earth........ the 5 second rule being when you drop food there are 5 seconds in which to retrieve it as being long enough to convince yourself it can't have picked up any germs in that time.... I never said it was a logical rule....... I hope it wasn't their last malteser, as it would be mighty depressing indeed for whoever dropped it/ lost it/ discarded it........ that overjoyed sensation you get on slipping your hand inside a bag of sweets convinced they're all gone only to find one, just the one, inviting your fingertips to take, take, TAKE ME!......... that solitary one always seem to taste better than all of the others....... of course it could've been reindeer poo, after all I've heard there are a lot of them about at this time of year, usually it seems accompanied by herds of Santas!....... 'twas the night before Christmas eve and I still wonder about that single malteser (**)......

(*) "maltesers".... for those not in the know these are small, spherical, chocolate-covered honeycomb ball confectionery that come in bags of a few to huge bags of lots..... now you're in the know.....
 
(**) ...... ps.... no subliminal advertising (malteser) was used during the writing (malteser) of this blog....................... (malteser)..................

No comments: