Monday, 5 December 2016

bath night! 5th December 2016

dear bloggery......
last night I had a bath.......


cut!............ no. no, no no, no that just will not do....

why not?.....

well look at it, call that a blog "last night I had a bath"... really?...... you think anyone will in the lest bit find that remotely interesting?......

but I did, I did have a bath......

I don't doubt that and by the way you smell delightful... but where was I, oh yes, I mean it's dull.... dull, dull, dull.... where's the human story here?......

well, it's me having a bath and I'm human.......

now stop being simple, elaboration, elaboration, elaboration...... simply having a bath won't capture anyones imagination and encourage them to keep on reading.... although in this case there's nowhere left to go....... where's the pathos, the tragedy, the heartbreak... where's the drama, the crescendo, the punchline....... where's the words?!.......... 

well, it's got the who, when, what and where..... me, last night, bathing, in a bath....... and I thought I'd leave it up to the reader's imagination to work out the why.... 

ok, ok, yes, yes, a blog should take the reader with you somewhere, anywhere.... and here it seems all you have is a bath... what are they supposed to do with that?.......

I don't want to take the readers into the bath, there wouldn't be room!.... it's not that big a bath, plus I think communal baths are a bit icky......

but where is the character development, you must grow the character, bring them to life in the readers mind, make them overcome trials and tribulations otherwise all you have is you in a bath.... at night....... I struggle to even glean a title from this........ at least if we had a catchy title we could reel them in albeit unsuspecting of there merely being six words, no plot, no real beginning, no end and thus by deduction no actual middle.........

how about "bath night"?.....

yes!.... brilliant... but let's add an exclamation to give it gravitas.......

.................... action!


No comments: