Sunday, 8 May 2016

maybe I'll sleep, 8th May 2016

constant disappointment.... what if I never slept again?............... high streets littered with the ungrown male, spewed masculinity and testosterone spilling from every orifice and pint glass, their fashion tatts and manicured hair as fake as their attempts to impress and preen to a passing flotillas of fake-tanned clones teetering by on clouds of perfume putrefaction.... where opposites meet, attract, to distract then disappoint...... me thinks you try too hard to prove your unworthy worthiness worthless in its intent....... fast-food sexuality... the huff and the puff of balloons that all too soon will deflate....... look at me, look at me, my masculinity.... my insecurity....... pathetic and sad the sculpted and toned honed to an inch of one lifeless pose to the next by the flattering mirrors, a pouting exposed by the embalming dye of the nicotine stains, faces are pinched from the drag of a drag of their tarry confection encased one and all in a shroud shaped of smoke......... in constant disappointment........... this grotesque parade of lifeless remains, welcome to the pantomime, the masque, their masks hang awkward and clumsy, games people play that crumble, decay, floods of tears,broken glass and party hats the jetsam that's strewn and trampled under heels........ die a little, die a little, die a little more...... the constant disappointment, there's nothing here to see.........happy hour's turning sour, ladies nights that end in fights, bouncer-lined doors line the vacuous stream of cock-fights and hen parties, vomit and tempers, the reek of the desperate letting their hair down unravelling threads, "look at me, look at me just having 'fun', I can do what I like and I will"....... in constant disappointment I'm closing my eyes...... maybe I'll sleep... or not.

No comments: