Sunday, 29 May 2016

in the middle, 29th May 2016

bats to the left of me, bats to the right, here I am stuck in the middle..... a veritable vortex of bats whirling and dipping and diving and stripping the air of unwary bitey things..... the bats are my friends........ they never crash into me, contrary to the popular myth of being hit by bats..... I stand there exuding warmth, a perfect attractant for evening bitey things, and the bats swoop in with daredevil precision, echo..echo..echolocate.. snatch.. snack.. munch... yum........ a symbiosis in a small way.......... bats are magic...... they come out at dusk and then come dawn are magically gone.... where do they go?..... I know, I know, but will not tell, I know, I know, they're safe and sound and well.......... a breath is all it takes.... a single breath....... to keep me alive, sitting here or standing there, as I write this next breath is signs of life.... I should pay more attention as it could be my last one.... or the next one might.... or any of the breaths I'm yet to take may just be that final inhalexhalation......... then I wouldn't be here... or I would but not....... I'd be blank... all my breaths gone, gone, gone....... I wonder how many of them I've taken up to now....... how many did I pay attention too?........ feel that breath you've just taken....?...... hopefully another will be along imminently....... will I know my last breath, or will that be for others to remember?........ is my last breath for them and not me then?........... bats to the left of me, bats to the right, here I am, stuck........

No comments: