Tuesday, 17 May 2016

(h)air, 17th May 2016

where are those days?... where did they go?....... blink... gone...... where?..... how do I know.... I suppose if I knew I'd go there and find them...... the day I came across my first ever jellyfish, a little roundish blob on the sand and I didn't know what it was, bend down and picked it up only to scream like a girl, drop it and run so fast my feet literally (yes, literally) didn't touch the sand.. yes, just like the cartoons....... in my defence I was only 9... or was it 8... maybe even 7... no, probably 8... 'ish..... when all I had to do each morning was work out what strategy I'd use that day to evade the bullies at school..... took a while but eventually I did, for a while anyway..... mostly by being essentially weird in ways that did rebound later but by then I didn't care.... put yourself outside yourself and no one can touch you........ what happened to those days when I had just the right amount of hair in the right places, particularly on my head....... now I have hair everywhere except on my head...... world turned upside down, that's what it is..... I put it down to growing too tall and the blood not being quite able to make it all that way up to the top..... gravity being fickle and all...... and those days when hormones gave me an erection even before it had crossed my mind!......... when I first learnt how to air-guitar.... and better still, air-drumming!...... I was in an air-band for a while at school.... hey, don't mock, we were good, everything we played was note-perfect... and in tune!.... we called ourselves "the rightful airs"... get it?....... oh well, it seemed good at the time......

No comments: