Friday, 6 May 2016

elections, ships and pumpkin seeds, 6th May 2016

there's a cacophony in the rookery...... the rooks and the jackdaws are restless m'lud!....... veritable little gossipers they are, chatter, chatter, chunner, chunner, gabba gabba hey...... maybe they are as, I won't say vexed as I was vexed yesterday so today maybe I'll be outraged..... yes!..... what! no shipping forecast!...... no shipping forecast at the same time it is every single morning.... no shipping forecast!...... now that is outrageous........ I need my fix, my daily fix, 'tis my addiction and yet.. and yet.... radio 4 deem it perfectly acceptable to let their rolling non-stop juggernaut of an election broadcast which has been going on all night and is still going on to override it........ yes, the election is important but surely they could've relinquished 10 minutes, yes that's all it takes, of its time for the shipping......... grrr stomp!....... seems Wales will be mostly the song remains the same politically, roughly anyway with one or two shocks (not as big as no shipping forecast!) and I'll post a bloglet later with them all when all the (yawn yawn) stats are in......... lots of "big asks" going on, a phrase used often by politicians that I keep hearing as "big ass"... kind of makes it hard to take anything seriously....... anyway, what's this about one of my favourite artisan bakery shops here...... nooooooooo!... the brilliantly-named pumpkin seed bakery in menai bridge on anglesey (sorry about my aversion to using capitals) is apparently closing down... not enough business...... people I tell say "I been meaning to go for ages but haven't got around to it"..... well go then! that's no excuse...... and "it's all the way dow the far end of the high street".... what!...... it has to be one of the shortest high streets ever, "all the way..."!.......... I despair, I really do... excuse me while I go stick my head in a bucket.......

No comments: