Monday, 4 April 2016

stra(in)ge, 4th April 2016

it's strange how 'puddle', 'pond', 'river' and 'lake', and even 'pool', are all surnames and yet... 'stream' isn't..... of course it might be elsewhere other than here but that would ruin my train of thinking today..........  it's strange how pens always run out of ink at an inopportune moment when you're using them, and not when you're not being used..... it's strange how socks always fit both the left and the right foot equally, and yet with gloves it's just wrong......... it's strange how time speeds up and slows down and yet, doesn't........ it's strange how planes manage to stay up in the air despite being heavier than me and when I run along a runway and jump I never manage to stay up longer than less than a second........... it's strange how a joke is funny to one but not to another......... is there such a think as a joke everywhere without exception finds funny?.........isn't it so strange how I don't simply fall  up into space (if I jumped as high as a plane then maybe I would!) it's strange how the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence and yet when you get there it isn't............ it's strange how my hands have palm yet look nothing like palm leaves...... isn't it even stranger how what I'm writing here even appears at all when all it is is circuitry and silicon and stranger still that you're sat there reading it somewhere who knows where other than where I am composing it....... isn't it strange how 'sock' is a surname and yet 'glove' isn't.......

No comments: