Tuesday, 26 April 2016

splodge, 26th April 2016

back again... among the familiar.... for good or ill here I wake from my own bed after three days among the unfamiliar....... but fun for the most part of decidedly unusual to be surrounded by so much wool, and stuff of a woolly nature at the Wonderwool festival in mid-Wales.... definitely a first for me....... although where I live I am surrounded by wool, it's just usually on four legs and in the shape of sheep........ but it is good to finally after three days to once again to have porridge... the best porridge.... of course it's the best, I make it, and I don't take prisoners when I make porridge, it has to be the best....... in contrast to the poor substandard splodge I got offered my first breakfast away at the b&b...... and it was microwaved splodge... criminal!....... you could, and I say this literally, literally stand your spoon up in it and with the (mixed metaphor) herculean effort to extract the spoon from it like would-be king arthur pulling the sword from the stone I tried two spoons-worth to say... no more!... 'twas a travesty...... a measure of a hotel, guest house, b&b can often be, can they make porridge... oh dear, this one failed...... subsequent breakfasts consisted of local natural yogurt I bought myself as they only has heavily-processed in name only faux 'yogurt' and honey, also self-purchased as they didn't even have honey!...... oh, I did get an under-ripe banana which I had to house with my apples for a day to ripen it on to be edible....... still, the pond outside my window was better than tv for entertainment..... swans and geese and moorhens and ducks and even red kites, not on the pond though, just making sweeping appearances usually faster than I could grab my camera.... sneaky buggers!....... back again and this morning's porridge is a long-awaited masterpiece... yum!

No comments: