Saturday, 30 April 2016

snagged, 30th April 2016

if months has emotions then perhaps april would be feeling a bit miffed being that it's only got 30 days and not 31...... perhaps even a bit jealous of march...... but no doubt feeling smug compared with february which has even less, even though every four years it makes a half-hearted effort to reach the big 3-0.......... and once again my neighbour who seems to have the intelligence of a dust mite (no disrespect to dust mites as for them it's probably just right but, for a human, slightly worrying)....... having flown a kite in his garden in a force 7 gale, a garden which is overhanged by many a-mature tree and ever-so tall hedges only to result in what I predicted 1o minutes earlier snagged in a tree.... way, way up high in a way up high tree (an ash as it happens for those 'arboriphiles')... his attempts to rescue the hapless tanglement of ribbon and paper brought me mush tiny giggles... I know, it's cruel to laugh, I know..... I felt that too, but still to my shame I did, as this is just his latest in folly in a long line of sometimes annoying follies........ alas now the kite seems to have now become a permanent tree adornment doing impressions of gaudy pink foliage...... the birds are most bemused........... snow on the mountains in april?... absurd!....... and here on the cusp of another month cupping a warming cup of tea (mug actually but that might not've scanned so well in the line).............

No comments: