Friday, 29 April 2016

cynicophony, 29th April 2016

never mind the stone age, bronze age or iron age, or even the dark age (as this just keep getting even darker) nor the age of enlightenment or even the agricultural revolution/ age, or or or the industrial age (cough, cough, smog, smog), or the so-called 'information' age better known as the digital age, or what I prefer to call the 'media age'.... welcome now and herald in the 'cyncical age'!... a time when an long-time subscribers of cynics anonymous should be chuffed to bits about.... but...... even these levels of cynicism are beyond anything I'd have imagined........ who do you trust these days?..... seems not the police anymore (did we ever anyway?), or politicians (I suppose I should say again, did we ever?... well maybe just a bit)....... not even doctors (the old adage "trust me, I'm a doctor" is now used more cynically than not)...... certainly not journalists nor the media anymore........ can't trust the news....... can't trust athletes or sports people..... can't trust businesses..... can't trust your local councils or authorities.... can't trust shops, particularly supermarkets.... can't trust watchdogs, nor the watchdogs that watch the watchdogs...... most definitely can't trust the internet, you never know who's on the other end....... can't even trust the phone, yet another silent or cold caller......... as for mobile phone providers, don't get me started, oh and while I'm at it, internet providers, oh yes and let me include in that so-called 'service' providers/ utilities since they are merely money-spinners for moneymongers (i.e. shareholders)........... finding trust is a bit like finding a camel in a haystack, after all, when was the last time you found one in a pile of straw?.....

No comments: