Monday, 21 March 2016

other-here #5: last orders, 21st March 2016

slowly but surely as surely they do the groynes are unvanishing as the lapping waves lap away and down the beach in a tumble of sighs resigned to surrender... for now anyway... until........ and so my restless return will soon return me to my usual 'here' as opposed to my 'other-here' here at the moment as the morning uncloaks and along with the tide recedes......... and another years HRH Prog festival has melted away as the fans and the bands too have shuffled their many a-limbs from whence they came... for now anyway....... was it just a dream that I met Captain Kirk, petted a tribble, saw four incarnations of Doctor Who within the space of an hour?......... shook Freddy Kruegers hand and dodged a Wookie?......... an excellent festival once again although not without its niggles (and tribbles!).... every gathering of strangers has its inevitable ignorants, drunks,  the gamut of smokers huddled around entrances insisting on imposing their habit on others....... but 'tis my bug to bear I imagine..... and the camp itself having a few niggles of their own to answer for......... unlike the lungs of the nicotine junkies, my memories won't be tainted though..... "ding, ding!" last orders as soon enough another year will bring it all round again....... and I saw two gannets feeding offshore yesterday....... and the starlings are fledging from their under-gutter nests..... along with a flurry of house sparrows... sparrowlings!.... though not quite feathered enough to leave their cosy hollows in the wall..... ah, but first, a cafe..... I must find a cafe, a cafe with coffee, and probably tea, but coffee for me as that is the way of my needs........

No comments: