Saturday, 19 March 2016

other-here #3: tribbles! 19th March 2016

as the sound of the road sweeper's slow promenade along the promenade is swept away by the waves and distance......... where else..... where else would you find captain kirk rubbing shoulders with a klingon at the bar or humongous transformers as large as life, a jedi knights and a fan in a rib cage, phileas fogg and hellboy sharing a smoke, storm troopers and even rambo mixing the mix even mix'ier!...... not to mention a huge marshmallow ghost!.... or at least that's what I imagine it was though truly not sure....... and did I mention the thunderbirds?....... and.... and.... a tribble!... yes a real(!) tribble...... the trouble with tribbles is that they are so damned cute..... "HRH (Hard Rock Hell!) Prog" and "Sci-Fi Weekender" continue to baffle and wow and make my camera lens go snappity snap........ just had a chat with spiderman.... and then captain america........ what! you don't believe me?....... but...... I was actually here for the music... the prog.... the prog rock that twiddled and rawrred and strained even more notes from the tea strainer of noodling....... of which my ears inhaled plenty.... sadly to the point where by the end of the day my tinnitus wasn't a happy bunny.... hey-ho........... highlights for me being a band called Abel Ganz...... truly scottish and truly excellent with so many flavours of rock and grand piano and strumming to boot...... what a find, what a gem....... and Purson, replacing a band that had to cancel and wow! what a revelation as they psychedelically progaliciously rocked like a you've never seen a rock rock.... the essence of the sixties blown up to date like a massive, impressive balloon that you just want to get inside and bobble about....... wasn't all plain-sailing though as the restaurant and bar informed me after I noticed a pricing discrepancy between what was written down and what was charged, "oh, we hike the prices for the festival weekends"....... hmmmm, I pondered.... somewhat disrespectful of your customers and I wonder, I'm sure trading standards might raise an eyebrow or three... not to mention the punters....... and serving good wine and real ale in plastic glasses because, "it's the festival weekend"... (!!)....... (blank looks)... no glass glasses and yet I'm sitting there with a real cutlery knife... and fork!..... plastic glasses can't be called 'glasses' anyway, they're plastic................. but all-in-all, truly excellent day part from "glassgate" and "pricehike"............

No comments: